McCormix went for a silver, pink and blue theme Christmas Tree. The old plastic leaves were worn, but the bubbles and twinkling lights on each branch were beautiful.
But this year the family tree includes an ornament of the most unexpected: a wild – and somewhat confusing – young cola.
On Wednesday, 16-year-old Deila left her family home in the Coromandel Valley in Adelaide at 3 p.m.
She made sure the dog was outside, then closed the doors and turned off all the lights.
When the whole family came back at 6pm, something was odd.
“I think the dog went straight to the Christmas tree and barked around. Mom thought it was a little different,” Tayla said.
“There were bubbles all over the floor … She looked up and there was a cola in the tree.
“It was very complicated in the lights. It was a fake tree and very old, but she was still trying to eat the leaves… I looked down at some of her yellow, but she stopped when she realized it was plastic.”
Tayla’s mother, Amanda McCormick, said she was shocked.
“Is this a joke?” I thought one of my kids might have been there like a soft toy, but no, it’s a live game, ”he said.
“We used to keep them in our trees, but not inside our Christmas tree … it should have crawled in when the doors were open and it would have been in our house for at least three hours.”
The family immediately called Adelaide and the Hills Cola Rescue, but co-founder De Hearn-Helen told the team Do not believe the story First.
“The call went to our 24 hour hotlines and of course the operator at first thought it was a naughty call,” Hearn-Helen said.
“Apparently it took a little confidence, no … Amanda actually had a cola on her Christmas tree … it was so cute, it just looked like it was sitting there.”
The rescue squad was called to the scene and were called to the scene.
Hearn-Helen said Daphne was a young woman three or four years old and in good health.
The young man took advantage of the opportunity Put a dictator At Kola, it received more than 16,000 likes at the time of writing.
“All ideas are like ‘this is not the way to be real.’
Even her friends did not trust her.
“They were shocked at first, they didn’t think it was real … I had to send several weird videos because it didn’t move. I flashed twice to prove it.
Amanda McCormick has been fired by a barrage of Facebook announcements after posting photos of Daphne.
“I’ve got a lot of phone calls and messages, so this is ridiculous. All I wanted were a few options on Facebook, but it went very viral!”
According to Hearn-Helen, the cola may have been surprised inside the house because it liked the look of their tree.
“It’s not really hot, so they do not look for shade, especially at this time … they are interested, they are in the suburbs, they will drop if they see something they want to see. Look inside.”
Rescue team released Topn into a tree in a nearby bush, and McCormicks say they will no longer search for her.
“It was a very memorable experience,” Amanda McCormick said. “After a bad year, it was good.”